Thursday, March 7, 2013

If You Give A Moose A Muffin by:Laura Joffe Numeroff

This week during my book talk, I brought in a very cute and enjoyable book called "If You Give A Moose a Muffin". This story is part of a series of books that deal with the same concept. This story is about a young boy who has an unexpected guest in his backyard. He lures the guest in with a delicious muffin with blackberry jam that he made! With this, the moose falls in love with the muffin and eats all of them until they run out. Because they run out, the moose wants to eat more so they need to go to the store. But going to the store is a task in itself. They have to overcome a series of tasks that get them sidetracked on a different adventure. Towards the end, the moose spots the blackberry bush and then remembers the delicious muffins and remembers the reason why he was doing all of these things! This story is a really heart-warming and fun book that kids can enjoy reading and can get engaged in! The way that I related to the book is when I was younger and I had guests over I had to entertain them and make sure that they had the most fun and that they are having fun and are comfortable. The illustrations are very engaging and allow students to predict what is happening and use soft colors giving it a warming tone throughout the book. I would definitely suggest this book to any kindergarten-3rd grade class! It's really fun and I enjoyed reading it!


2 comments:

  1. I personally really like these types of stories! I think we're all familiar with the book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" and since I've read that one I've assumed that they're all the same but I like how this story is different then that one. It seems like kids would really enjoy this book because of the adventure this child in the story takes with the moose. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t heard of this series until recently. This book is very cute, and sounds great for younger children. It seems to play with imagination, and the illustrations look like a creative way to portray the text. I can’t wait to read more books out of the series.

    ReplyDelete